Sunday, December 22, 2019

Chapter 11 - The New Arrival

Our little guy had finally arrived, happy and healthy, but as excited as we were for the new addition, we were even more excited to see our dogter's reaction to the baby boy.

Casey was not impressed.

But that's okay, because immediately after getting home, I ditched the baby and hung out with my number one gal.
This is not a lie. Five minutes after arriving home, I took Casey to the park as we knew she would need to get out some energy and probably missed us not being around the last couple days. We were both very happy to get our outdoor time.

I figured after a little outdoor time she might warm up to the little guy. The good news is that she did seem much happier, but the bad news is that he wasn't the happiest camper during our first photo shoot.

Although Casey and Spencer didn't immediately become best buddies, she was at least curious about what was going on with him.

Of course, sometimes she wanted me to drop the baby and throw a ball, maybe?

It only took a couple weeks before she was looking over him.

And she grew comfortable with him being there, even if it meant that she needed to share me in the process.

Because I knew how to multi-task to take care of both of my little ones.

Still, Stef took the lead with Spencer, so I kept taking the lead with Casey, and we still went on Joe and Casey adventures, even if it was just simple trips where she could take my seat.

Casey refusing to move just gave us another chance for romance.

And you can bet your ass that we still enjoyed our dates together where our bond was as strong as ever.
There was no way some random ass baby was going to get between me and my girl.

Since she remained my number one, she was finally comfortable enough to bond with Spencer during one of their favorite activities. Sleep.

And we even got a nice family picture.
Well, at least Casey looks nice. Spencer had his picture taken so much that he thought everyone in the world was paparazzi, so he asks that you please respect his privacy at this time.

And this is where you should probably stop reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment